- Are you a professional, plagued by money worries?
- Have you tried to figure it out yourself, but couldn’t follow the plan you created?
- Are you at a loss to explain where your money goes?
- Have you sought help and tried budgets that didn’t work for you?
- Are you afraid you will outlive your retirement resources?
- Are your worries about money occupying more of your energy than feels comfortable?
- Are you keeping financial secrets?
- Is your health, emotional well-being, or quality of life compromised by your concerns about money?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, let me assure you that you are not alone and there is a solution. As a money coach, I help attorneys and other professionals improve their functional and emotional relationship with money. This isn’t a system I made up myself. I was trained and certified through the Financial Recovery Institute in 2007.
The functional aspect of money coaching includes such things as how to plan and track income and spending, eliminate debt, and create meaningful savings. In the emotional aspect of the work, we find out where you get stuck, why you get stuck there (we do what we do for a reason) and work through the emotional issues that have blocked from achieving your financial goals.
I work with clients on an hourly basis, much like a therapist. I see local clients in the Seattle area in person. I counsel clients outside the Seattle area by phone and internet. I currently have evening and weekend appointments available to accommodate busy schedules.